Thieves Household Cleaner - toxic free green cleaningRead More
Essential oils are the natural, very concentrated, aromatic liquids that are within trees, flowers, leaves, shrubs, roots, seeds and even grass and are usually extracted through steam distillation.
Essential oils support the plants in their growth and adaptation to the environment as well as play an important role in defending against insects and diseases.
And essential oils are very complex and are made up of hundreds of different, unique chemical compounds.
It requires a large amount of plant material to produce a small amount of essential oil, for example, it takes 2500kg of rose petals to produce 1kg of rose essential oil! Wow!
Why Quality matters?
The Quality of an essential oil is really important. Actually, it is the key to have an essential oil with optimal levels of the specific, naturally occurring constituents that characterize each plant!
When working with and using essential oils they will obviously end up in each cell of our bodies. Every chemical constituent of the essential oil. So the quality of the oil determines whether there is a favorable action or a damaging action in our bodies.
That's why you want to use therapeutic grade essential oils. The best!
Check out Young Living's Seed to Seal® Process or even better, lets go and visit one of the many Young Living farms!
Where and how to start with the oils?
Young Living offers so many single essential oils and great blends, which can surely be overwhelming if you are new to the oils! So where to start?
From Young Living's 20+ years of experience, they picked the most used essential oils and created a Kit to start your essential oil journey with.
There are 3 different Premium Starter Kits that offer a great, easy yet effective way to start using the essential oils and products every day!
1. Premium Starter Kit: Here you'll get 11 most used essential oils in 5ml bottles as well as the Dew Drop Diffuser which helps a lot to start using the oils in a simple and safe way! Along comes valuable information, essential oil samples for you to share with your loved ones and samples of the yummy NingXia Red juice.
2. Premium Starter Kit Aria: This Kit is the same than the "normal Premium Starter Kit with all the essential oils and samples, but with the elegant Aria Diffuser instead of the Dewdrop diffuser.
3. Premium Starter Kit NingXia Red: start healthy with 2 bottles of NingXia Red, 1 pack of NingXia Nitro, 30 sample packages NingXia Red for on the go as well as 5ml StressAway ! This is a wonderful way to start to boost your everyday well-being!
Are you also getting into the habit of checking labels of the things you buy in the stores?
Most of us know about the differences if we buy our vegetables from our local farmer or biostore or from the supermarket chain. Most of us know that there is much less harmful things in grassfed beef than in the industrial meat .
And most of us have become more conscious about what we put into and on our bodies over the last years.
Young Living is truely unique with their promise for and deep commitment to purity of their essential oils and products!
Young Living is the only essential oil company that owns their own Farms with destilleries around the globe. With their Seed to Seal Process, the whole process of the production of essential oils stays actually in one hand. From the soil to the seeds, the fertilizer and the weeding, the harvest and ( most important) the destillation, up to the testing and then bottleing of the oils, everything happens under the control and with the vast knowledge of Young Living.
So you and I can be sure to benefit from the highest quality essential oils!
Each and every essential oil contains specific plant compounds that offer the greatest potential benefit in their natural, unadulterated state. Think of a mosaic or an orchestra: if a couple of stones or instruments are missing, something will be slightly off. Some of us will notice it right away, for some of us it will take a while. The same happens when a stone or an instrument is replaced by a synthetic one. You can even mimic an orchestra with a synthesizer, but we will hear the difference.
The same is true for the quality of essential oils!
The best way to experience this transparency is to visit one of the global farms and check it out! If you want to know the next event near you, just contact me!
The Farms :
- In the US in Mona, Utah and St.Maries, Idaho ( where Young Living started)
- The Northern Light Farm in Fort Nelson, Canada where - amongst other- the amazing Black Spruce essential oil is distilled.
- In Guayaquil, Ecuador where they have the largest distillery in South America
- In Iquitos, Peru where YL Purchased more than 3400acres of Amazon Rainforest
- In Salalah, Oman: this is really special because Young Living is the only essential oil company that was given permission to distil and export Sacred Frankincense!
- And, of course, en Provence, France in Simiane-la-Rotonde
- This April 2015 YL opened their newest farm in Croatia where we got to plant the precious Helichrysum plant this spring!
Historically there are three models of applying an essential oil: the german model only used essential oils by inhalation; the english model applied essential oils topically, meaning on the skin and the french doctors subscribed them to be used internally. In the EU we are only allowed to talk about the first two models because essential oils are registered as cosmetics.
Make sure you read the label on your bottle of essential oil before using it.
Many Young Living essential oils are safe to apply directly/ neat ( without a carrier oil) onto your skin.
- inhale directly from the bottle
- put one drop into the palm of your hand, close your eyes and breathe it in.
- put some drops in your cold diffuser like this one ( link).
- place a couple of drops on a cotton ball and place in your drawer for nicely scented clothes.
- pour some hot water into a bowl, add a few drops of essential oil and cover your heade with a towl ( like a tent). Breathe in deeply.
- dilute a couple of drops of essential oil and dilute with a carrier oil. Then apply to and massage the desired area.
- add a couple of drops of essential oil to a tablespoon of seasalt or epsom salt and then add to your hot/warm bath.
- add some drops of your favorite Young Living essential oil to your Massage oil.
- a great, safe way to use your essential oils topically is to apply them on the soles of your feet.
- in Europe Young Living now offer the Plus oils for internal use. In the States these are called Vitality oils. These essential oils are officially registered as nutritional supplements .
- we use them in our cooking and baking
- we add a couple of drops to our smoothies and drinking water
- we take them in vegetable capsules
Historically there are three models of applying an essential oil: the german model only used essential oils by inhalation; the english model applied essential oils topically, meaning on the skin and the french doctors subscribed them to be used internally.
In the EU we used to only be allowed to talk about the first two models because essential oils are registered as cosmetics. However since Octber 2016 we have essential oils that are officially registered as nutritional supplements! These essential oils ( Plus and Vitality) are wonderful and safe to take internally.
Make sure you read the label on your bottle of essential oil before using it.
- never put essential oils into your eyes! ( If it happens, wash your eyes with a fatty/ vegetable oil like olive or coconut oil, milk, joghurt etc, NOT with water! Water will drive the essential oil faster into the tissue.)
- never put essential oils directly into your ears!
- store essential oils in a dark and cool place;
- keep essential oils out of the reach of children;
- if you are pregnant always consult with your midwife or doctor to ensure safe application!
- if you have any health condition always consult with your healthcare provider and doctor to ensure safe application!
Some Inspirations for application:
- put a couple of drops of essential oil Lemongrass or the essential oil Blend Purification on the inside ( the cardboard part) of a toilet paper roll for a nice fresh smell in your bathroom.
- add a couple of drops of Lemongrass, Purification, Lavender or Tea Tree essential oil to your softener compartment of your washing machine for fresh and clean smelling laundry.
- diffuse essential Oil of Lavender before bedtime for a calming aroma; you can also put one or two drops of Lavender on your pillow.
- enjoy a revitalizing foot bath with some sea salt and a couple of drops ofLemon essential oil before a pedicure.
PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL AND USB DIFFUSER
Wouldn't you agree that our mindset, our nourishment and how we live affects how we glow in our everyday life?
And to stay healthy, exercise and eating healthy is not enough anymore. Also what we put on our skin is crucial, because it can be full of harmfull stuff that accumulates and ends up in our cells interfering with our radiant beauty!
For centuries essential oils have been highly regarded for their tremendous skin- rejuvenating properties and widely used to enhance our beautiful appearence. They hydrate, nourish and improve the appearence of our skin.
Young Living natural beauty care products are free from harmful chemicals, formulated with highest quality botanicals and infused with these precious essential oils to support your sparkle everyday!
What are your favourites for skin care?
Our skin is the largest organ of our body. It helps to get things in and also to get stuff out. So obvious it does matter what we put onto our skin as a lot of it will end up in our cells.
My favourite is the A.R.T. cleanser and Sheerlumé creme, very closely followed by the A.R.T. Renewal Serum! If you want to treat yourself, try the A.R.T. beauty mask. When you've spent too much time indoors, in your office, on the plane, this mask helps you to get the moisture back and to just feel beautiful!
And I just found this fine recipe for a facial serum:
- 1 drop of Rose essential oil
- 2 drops of Neroli essential oil
- 5 drops of Frankincense
- 2 drops of Cistus essential oil
- 5 drops of Myrrh essential oil
- 3 drops of orange essential oil
- Argan oil to fill up a 5ml or if you want it more diluted a 15ml empty essential oil bottle and put a roll-on fitter on it. I used an empty frankincense bottle.
I apply it around my eyes - not too close- on my front, around my lips and my decolté and find especially the rose oil to be so nice and cooling- what a treat!!!
Most of us know by now that Aluminium should not be in our daily deodorants, right!?
We found that women tend to like the green - Mountain Mint - better and men the blue - Meadow Mist - , but you would have to check for yourself :)
A great alternative I find especially while travelling is Purification! It comes handy in that bottle, I can apply it discreedly and it does the job! Yes, I use it neat and you can easily dilute it with some coconut oil.
Have you ever thought to use your toothpaste as deodorant ????
I recently started to use a pea size amount of theThieves® Aromabright toothpaste as my toxic free deodorant and I totally love it!!! Give it a try!
Are you enjoying Aromatherapy during your shower or in your bath yet?
Young Living's essential oil infused bath and shower gels, shampoos and conditioners are providing just that: healthy scents for a fragrant and luxurious experience!
Our favourite is definitely the Morning Start Shower gel as well as the Copaiba Shampoo. The great thing is that you can add some essential oils that support strong, healthy hair like Rosmarin essential oil, Lavender or cedarwood essential oil.
Or if you want to be even more creative, get the Bath& Shower Gel Base and add the essential oils of your choice! It's fun and the scent of your shower gel will never get boring :)
Antioxidants & HealthRead More
Young Living Fitness supporting essential oils :
- Peppermint - supports and enhances healthy blood flow and oxygenation; a couple of drops in the palm of your hands, rub on to your neck and shoulders and inhale; a few drops on the desired area helps to cool down
- Idaho Blue Spruce - supports healthy hormone balance
- Copaiba - supports a healthy immune system
- PanAway - supports healthy circulation and recovery after work out
- Deep Relief -
- StressAway - supports healthy hormone balance; great for after workout relaxation!
- there is even a blend that's called FITNESS from the Oola Infused 7 Kit!
Fitness supporting Young Living Nutritional Supplements:
- NingXia Red -
an amazing antioxidant drink! NingXia Red contains complete Goji berry puree, Grape seed extract, Blueberry Plum, Aronia, Cherry, plus a number of EO. Also it contains21 trace minerals, 18 amino acids, carotenoids, symbiotic vitamin/mineral pairs, Vit B1 B2 B6, &E, polyphenosl flavonoids. NingXia Red has an extremely high ORAC ( that supports our immune system, liver function and eye health.
- NingXia Nitro -
low caffein but supports mental and physical focus. Absolute booster for any ahtlete or anyone needing mental focus. Maximises energy evel. The closest we can get to Asterix’ magic potion :)
- OmegaGize - high qualtiy Ω3 from krill, EPA,DHA,CoQ10Vit D and E from mixed Tocopherols, Clove and Camomille EO to reduce oxidation
- Sulfurzyme - MSM: Methylsulphonylmethan: organic sulphur, supports every major function of human body
- BLM - MSM, glucosamin sulfate, type II collagen, supports Bones, Ligmanets, Muscles, hence BLM
- Power Meal - High protein low carb meal replacement
Post Workout / restorative Essential Oils and infused products:
- again, NingXia Red!
- take a nice relaxing bath with a couple of drops of essential oil Idaho Blue Spruce and Epsom Salt;
- Blends like Relieve It, PanAway and Deep Relieve are also great helpers !
Here are some more infos on using Young Living products for Fitness on the Young Living Blog
Here you can read about athletes that love to use Young Living products to support them in their performance and life!
What is the difference between Lavender and Lavandin?
When you drive to Provence en France, there is this amazing moment, when you spot the first purple spot between the trees or bushes ! Yeah!
And then there is the next purple field and the next and then the fields are everywhere - sooo beautiful!
Most of what you will see are fields of cloned Lavandin or cloned Lavender.
Lavandin is a hybrid, it is steril, each and every plant looks exactly the same - hence the beautiful perfect lines of purple lavandin we see en Provence.
Lavandin also has much more yield and so it is cheaper to produce than true Lavender. It is widely used in the perfume and soap industry.
Lavandin has significant more camphor than true Lavender and the untrained nose has a hard time to differenciate between true Lavender and Lavandin.
Lavandin is the "child" of true Lavender and Spike Lavender.
Lavandin is a great essential oil for cleaning. They even clean animal cages with Lavandin essential oil.
So because they smell similar and Lavandin is much cheaper, a lot of Lavender essential oil that is sold is actually diluted with Lavandin essential oil. True Lavander on the other side provides a much lesser yield, making it a more expensive essential oil.
The uses for true Lavender are very different ones - true Lavender :
- is great to enhance the appearance of our skin. So you can put a couple of drops in your chemical free body lotion, cream or in a vegetable oil like coconutoil and nourish your skin. You can also put a couple of drops into your chemical free shampoo. Or create your own relaxing bath salt. There are so many uses in this area!
- put a couple of drops in your cold diffuser or on your pillow to help you get a restful night.
- or put a coupleof drops on the soles of your feet before going to bed.
- put a couple of drops in your cold diffuser whenever you want to create a calm and relaxed atmosphere.
The difference between Clonal and Population Lavender
If you take a twig from a Lavender plant and grow another plant out of it, it is called a clonal Lavender. It is exactly the same Lavender, the same size, the same smell and the same color.
If you grow your Lavender plant from the seed you will get a great variety of different Lavender plants and it is called populational Lavender. It is different in size, in smell and in color. So these fields look very different from the homoge
Young Living grows only from seeds as they believe in the power of the variety from plant to plant.